EmployerNagi Drywall Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.90 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 21, 2022
Nagi Drywall Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.