There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Electrical And Electronics Research Engineer
EmployerWulcon Construction Ltd
Date PostedMay 24, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $47.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 23, 2023
Wulcon Construction Ltd
- Urban area
- Rural area
- Various locations
- College or university educational institution/establishment
- Public utilities
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
Computer and technology knowledge
- Business intelligence
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- MS Office
Area of work experience
- Business administration/management
- Education or training
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Occupational health and safety
- Operations or production
- Project management
- Project planning
- Purchasing, procurement and contracts
- Quality assurance or control
- Research and development
- Specification or technical writing
- Engineering professional and construction management (EPCM)
Area of specialization
- System integration
- Electronics (industrial)
- Control system
- Data processing and systems
- Electrical machines or transformers
- Computer design
- Industrial robotics
- Electronic test equipment
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is available
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Physically demanding
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
5 years or more
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance and operating standards and to investigate failures
Interest in precision working to design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification, testing and operation of systems and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.