EmployerNEXA Electric Ltd
Date PostedJuly 25, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 24, 2022
NEXA Electric Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Various locations
- Professionalism in customer service
- Install underground wiring and cables
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Splice, join and connect wires
- Design and construct low voltage (30 to 750V) multiphase service for single or multimeter installations
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits
- Determine appropriate selection of materials and methods for hazardous locations
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Connect power to audio and visual equipment
- Install surface mount and/or overhead cables
- Instruct apprentices
- Install power generation, stand-by power generation and power conditioning systems
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Electrician Trade Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Conventional electrical devices
- High voltage and energized equipment
Area of Specialization
- Emergency power system
- Lighting system
7 months to less than 1 year
On the road job
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Health care plan
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Free parking available
- Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of a system, following installation, replacement and repair
Interest in analyzing to troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems, and to remove and replace faulty components
Interest in speaking - signalling to conduct preventive maintenance programs; and in keeping maintenance records
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.