EmployerMWDPlanet and Lumen Corp
Date PostedNovember 07, 2022
Location Rocky View, AB
Earnings $65,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 to 40.01 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 07, 2022
MWDPlanet and Lumen Corp
- Bachelor's degree
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Computer hardware engineering
- Computer software engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Engineering science
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
Computer and technology knowledge
- Power Line Systems, computer aided design and drafting (PLS-CADD)
- Linux OS
- Networking hardware
- Server Hardware
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system
Area of work experience
- Computer software development
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Operations or production
- Project planning
- Quality assurance or control
- Research and development
- Specification or technical writing
- Engineering professional and construction management (EPCM)
Area of specialization
- System integration
- Electronics (industrial)
- Power generation, transmission or distribution
- Control system
- Data processing and systems
- Electrical machines or transformers
- Industrial robotics
- Electronic test equipment
- Scientific or medical electronics
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is available
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Health care plan
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance and operating standards and to investigate failures
Interest in precision working to design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification, testing and operation of systems and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.