Elementary School Teacher
EmployerNewell Christian School
Date PostedSeptember 19, 2022
Location Brooks, AB
Earnings $39,000.00 to $49,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 19, 2022
Newell Christian School
- Bachelor's degree
- Education, other
- Private school
- Rural area
- Provide tutoring assistance
- Supervise teaching assistants and train student teachers
- Assign and correct homework
- Develop course content
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify childrens' individual learning needs
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
Experience an asset
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
- Travel insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in leading students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development; in participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; and in preparing examinations
Interests in co-ordinating information to prepare courses for presentation to students according to curriculum, to identify children's individual learning needs and to prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
Interest in instructing students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips; and in assigning and correcting homework and administering and correcting examinations; may supervise teachers' aides and student teachers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.