EmployerVenture Elevator Inc.
Date PostedJune 23, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $52.00 to $65.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 23, 2022
Venture Elevator Inc.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 5th Period Apprentice
- Technical Standards Safety Authority (TSSA) Certification
- Elevator Constructor and Mechanic Trade Certification
- Elevator Mechanic (non-construction) Trade Certification
- Canadian Elevator Industry Educational Program
- Elevating devices mechanic
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Traction elevators
- Solid state devices
- Moving walkways
- Hydraulic elevators
- Electronic devices
- Disability elevators
5 years or more
- Instruct apprentices
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Adjust valves, ratchets, seals, brake linings and other components
- Troubleshoot electrical or mechanical systems failures
- Test operation of newly installed equipment
- Install, test and adjust safety control devices
- Disassemble defective units and repair or replace suspect parts
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs to ensure public safety
- Maintain log books that detail all repairs and checks performed
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain elevators, escalators, moving walkways and related equipment
- Install and wire electric and electronic control system devices
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Team player
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Pension plan
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to adjust valves, ratchets, seals, brake linings and other components; and in performing preparatory construction work including steelwork, wiring and piping
Interest in carrying out preventive maintenance to ensure public safety
Interest in analyzing information to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical system failures and test the operation of newly installed equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.