Environmental Science Manager
EmployerChinook Environmental Services Ltd.
Date PostedMay 09, 2022
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $22.50 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 150 to 200 hours per month
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 30, 2022
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd.
1 to less than 7 months
- $1,500,001 - $4,000,000
- $500,001 - $1,500,000
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Oversee the analysis of data and information
- Consult and advise clients
- Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
- Assign, co-ordinate and review technical projects and programs
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Credit check
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is not available
- Parking paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- Working groups
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- 5-10 people
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
On the road job
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 30, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the activities and operation of architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research and development laboratories, quality control departments, services and firms; and in assigning and co-ordinating the technical work of departments and project teams, and in recruiting personnel and overseeing staff training and development
Interest in developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for architectural, scientific and technical work performed in departments, laboratories and firms
Interest in negotiating with other managers, specialists and staff to arrive at decisions; may consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.