Equipment Operator, Heavy-Duty
EmployerK.A.M. Construction Corporation
Date PostedMay 06, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 20, 2022
K.A.M. Construction Corporation
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Certification
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Concrete saws
- Concrete vibrators
- Reciprocating saws
- Circular saws
- Grinding machine
3 years to less than 5 years
Roads and bridges
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Prepare accident reports
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and length measurements
- Complete onboard and other logs
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated
- Gravel or dump truck
- Concrete pumping equipment
Type of Industry Experience
- Road construction
- Residential construction
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Assist heavy equipment operators
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety vest
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 20, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.