Equipment Operator, Heavy-Duty
EmployerGeorges Ditching & Trucking Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 23, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $29.00 to $34.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 07, 2022
Georges Ditching & Trucking Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Ground Disturbance - Level 1 program
- Ground Disturbance - Level II program
- Driver's License
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
Area of work experience
- Sloping and banking
Area of specialization
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Basic security clearance
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety vest
2 years to less than 3 years
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.