Ethnic Food Cook
EmployerTacos Made In Mexico
Date PostedJanuary 08, 2022
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $15.50 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 22, 2022
Tacos Made In Mexico
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- First cook
- Cook (general)
- Prep cook
2 years to less than 3 years
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Order supplies and equipment
- Manage kitchen operations
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
610 3 ave S
Lethbridge, Alberta T1J0H5
Between 01:00 PM and 08:00 PM
Jan 22, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.