EmployerSTAR EDMONTON BANQUET AND CONFERENCE CENTRE LTD.
Date PostedJuly 26, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $23.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 25, 2022
STAR EDMONTON BANQUET AND CONFERENCE CENTRE LTD.
- Develop risk management plans
- Promote conference and meeting services or special events
- Develop and monitor emergency security plans
- Develop marketing and communication plans
- Develop media strategies and public relations activities
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- Prepare, present and manage budgets
- Develop financial procedures
- Review bids and negotiate costs
- Determine requirements for hospitality services, signage, multi-media equipment, printing and other technical services, and arrange for and manage contracts for these services
- Administer revenues and expenditures and assist in preparing financial reports
- Arrange for shipping, receiving and storage
- Assist in budget preparation
- Co-ordinate media services
- Confirm and co-ordinate speakers
- Implement social programs, food and beverage, transportation, and other services
- Plan and arrange for accommodation and transportation services
- Plan and arrange for trade shows and exhibits
- Plan schedules, goals and objectives
- Plan for required documentation and for pre- and post-distribution of documentation (itineraries, evaluations etc.)
- Plan for VIP arrangements
- Plan for social events and guest programs
- Prepare final financial and other reports
- Manage Event Logistics
- Identify human resources requirements
- Develop and implement business plans
More than 20 people
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current field of study?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating services such as accommodation, transportation, conference halls and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security; in organizing registration of participants; in approving suppliers' invoices; in ensuring compliance with required by-laws; and in hiring, training and supervising support staff
Interest in speaking with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services and to negotiate contracts for services; and in meeting with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events
Interest in planning entertainment and social gatherings for participants and in publicizing events
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.