EmployerWilco Contractors Southwest Inc.
Date PostedJuly 21, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $34.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 70 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 04, 2021
Wilco Contractors Southwest Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Ground Disturbance - Level 1 program
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Sub-grade excavating
- Sloping and banking
- Rough grading
- Fine grading and finishing
- Slope grooming
- Stock piling
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Complete onboard and other logs
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated
Backhoe excavator, loader
Type of Industry Experience
- Road construction
- Large diameter pipeline construction
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 04, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.