There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerEdson Medical Center
Date PostedMarch 09, 2023
Location Edson, AB
Earnings $76,759.00 to $216,833.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 80 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 08, 2023
Edson Medical Center
Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
- Rural area
- Willing to relocate
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Participate in health care policy and planning
- Advise patients on health care
- Report births, deaths, contagious and other diseases to government authorities
- Communicate health promotion, disease, illnes and accident prevention to patients
- Perform patient advocacy role
- Co-ordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provide acute care management
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues
- Provide emergency care
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- College of Family Physicians Certification (CCFP)
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
Specialization in family practice
- Emergency medicine
- Rural medicine
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive tasks
- Large workload
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
5 years or more
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to diagnose diseases, prescribe treatments and provide continuous care to patients
Interest in mentoring by providing counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues, by advising patients and their families on health care including health promotion and disease, illness and accident prevention and by referring patients to specialists
Interest in co-ordinating information from the results of medical tests to advise patients on health care options; in providing acute care management, in co-ordinating or managing primary patient care and in supervising home care services
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.