There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Farm Worker, General
EmployerPioneer Ridge Farms Inc.
Date PostedMarch 07, 2023
Location Warburg, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $24.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 2080 to 2500 hours per year
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 06, 2023
Pioneer Ridge Farms Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Beef cattle ranching and farming, including feedlots
- Hay farming
- Livestock combination farming
- Oilseed (except soybean) farming
- Wheat farming
- Confined spaces
- Feed inventory
- Handling animals
- Livestock branding
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- Soil fertility programs
- Fertilize and spray crops
- Harvest crops
- Feed and tend animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Equipment and machinery experience
- Combine harvester
- Farm truck
- Fertilizer applicator
- Forage equipment
- Haying equipment
- Manure spreader
- Planting equipment
- Seed drill
- Sprayer or duster
- Tillage equipment
Automated systems experience
- Feeding and watering system
- Storage and silage system
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to examine produce for quality and prepare for market, to feed and tend livestock and poultry, and to clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens; and to set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
Interest in driving - operating and maintaining farm machinery and equipment
Interest in detecting disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.