There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Fibreglass Insulation Installer
EmployerDOMAH SERVICES LTD
Date PostedMay 26, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 25, 2023
DOMAH SERVICES LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- On-site customer service
- Willing to relocate
- Select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Driver's License
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Area of specialization
- Refractory insulation
- Spraying and blowing insulation
- Fire stopping and fireproofing
- Industrial noise control
- Acoustical insulation
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Drug test
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety harness
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.