Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Assigned Construction
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 21, 2021
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 21, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand tools, power tools and power vibrators to compact concrete
Interest in copying information to fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete; and in applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces
Interest in repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn and damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.