EmployerPremo Concrete Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 16, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 16, 2021
Premo Concrete Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
5 years or more
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Estimate costs and materials
- Sidewalks and curbs
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Urban area
Type of Materials
- Reinforcing membrane and protective covering
- Hardners and epoxies
- Colours and sealers
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand tools, power tools and power vibrators to compact concrete
Interest in copying information to fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete; and in applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces
Interest in repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn and damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.