EmployerQuality Construction Inc
Date PostedJuly 27, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 26, 2022
Quality Construction Inc
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Instruct apprentices
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
- Estimate costs and materials
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating hand tools, power tools and power vibrators to compact concrete
Interest in copying information to fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete; and in applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces
Interest in repairing, resurfacing and replacing worn and damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.