Flexographic Press Operator
EmployerFlair Flexible Packaging (Canada) Corporations
Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 24, 2023
Flair Flexible Packaging (Canada) Corporations
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Prepare production schedules
- Fill ink fountains and control colour and viscosity
- Plan production methods
- Monitor regular press run for quality using computer control console
- Set up and adjust in-line binding and finishing equipment
- Direct press crew to set up, operate and shut down press
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
Type of press
5 years or more
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to monitor regular press runs for quality consistency using computer control consoles, to make adjustments, and to check samples for ink coverage, alignment and registration; and in removing and cleaning plates at the end of press runs
Interest in setting up and adjusting in-line binding and finishing equipment
Interest in speaking with press crew to direct their activities and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to; and in reviewing job orders to determine job specifications, such as production time, colour sequence and quantities required, and in advising press crew of job specifications
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.