Posted on Jan 04, 2021 by Dexter's Finishing Ltd.
Location Barrhead, AB
Earnings $25.40 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 03, 2021
Dexter's Finishing Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Prepare floors for installations
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
- Perform double-bond carpet installations
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms
- Install outdoor carpets
- Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired)
- Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
- Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting
- Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
Security and Safety
Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
Work Site Environment
Willing to travel
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Vinyl or resilient sheets
- Vinyl or resilient tiles
- Terrazzo tiles
- Rubber sheet goods
- Parquet flooring
- Modular carpet tiles
- Marble tiles
- Flash covings
- Flexible PVC sheet goods
- Cork flooring
- Conductive flooring
- Ceramic tiles
- Borders or feature strips
- Asphalt plank flooring
- Hardwood intricate patterns flooring
- Hardwood strip flooring
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 03, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.