Floor Covering Installer
EmployerArwa Flooring ltd.
Date PostedDecember 03, 2021
Location Chestermere, AB
Earnings $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 36 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 11, 2022
Arwa Flooring ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Prepare floors for installations
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Install outdoor carpets
- Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 11, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.