Floor Covering Installer
EmployerArwa Flooring ltd.
Date PostedAugust 05, 2022
Location Chestermere, AB
Earnings $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 36 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 19, 2022
Arwa Flooring ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Prepare floors for installations
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
- Install outdoor carpets
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to distinguish between colours
Experience an asset
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.