Floor Tile Layer
EmployerREMBRANDT FLOORING LTD
Date PostedMay 12, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $29.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 11, 2022
REMBRANDT FLOORING LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Prepare floors for installations
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Perform direct glue-down carpet installations
- Perform double-bond carpet installations
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms
- Install outdoor carpets
- Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired)
- Install vinyl decking materials
- Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces
- Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting
- Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
Security and Safety
Work Site Environment
Vehicle supplied by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Vinyl or resilient tiles
- Marble tiles
- Ceramic tiles
- Hardwood strip flooring
- Team player
- Client focus
- Free parking available
- Transportation provided by employer
- Parking available
Full time enrollment
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 11, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.