There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Floorhand - Oil And Gas Drilling
EmployerPrecision Drilling Canada Limited Partnership
Date PostedMay 15, 2023
Location Lloydminster, AB
Earnings $38.00 hourly
Work Hours 168 hours bi-weekly
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 15  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 14, 2023
Precision Drilling Canada Limited Partnership
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) basic safety orientation (BSO)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Rig Worker Fall Protection
Field work location experience
- British Columbia
- Ontario and/or Quebec
- Prairies region
Security and safety
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Valid driver's licence
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Steel-toed safety boots
On the road job
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine". Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.