Foamed Insulation Applicator
EmployerPositive Life Concepts Inc.
Date PostedAugust 20, 2021
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 17, 2021
Positive Life Concepts Inc.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Insulator (heat and frost) Trade Certification
- Insulator Trade Certification
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
2 years to less than 3 years
Area of Specialization
- Acoustical insulation
- Spraying and blowing insulation
- Refractory insulation
- Industrial noise control
- Cryogenic insulation
- Custom fabrication and layout
- Asbestos encapsulation and enclosure
Types of Systems
Ventilation and exhaust
- Select type of insulation required
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers
- Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Remove asbestos, ceramic fibres, lead and mould and urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings
Steel-toed safety boots
- Own transportation
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.