Food And Beverage Server
Employer592365 Alberta Ltd.
Date PostedJuly 10, 2022
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 10 to 15 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 04, 2022
592365 Alberta Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Prepare and serve specialty food at customers' tables
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Advise on menu selections
- Balance cash and record sales
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Describe and advise on wine selection
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- Perform sensory evaluation of wines
- Serve food and beverages
- Supervise other servers and bussing staff
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Train staff
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Provide customer service
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Smart Serve
- ProServe program
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Electronic cash register
- Point of sale system
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
7 months to less than 1 year
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to take orders and relay them to kitchen and bar staff; in performing sensory evaluation of wines; and in ordering and maintaining inventory of wines and wine glassware
Interest in serving food and beverages to patrons
Interest in handling the preparation of specialty foods at patrons' tables
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.