Food And Beverage Server
EmployerAthabasca Motor Hotel 1972 Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 16, 2023
Location Jasper, AB
Earnings $15.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 24, 2023
Athabasca Motor Hotel 1972 Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Staff accommodation available
- Rural area
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Fast food
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Prepare and serve specialty food at customers' tables
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Advise on menu selections
- Balance cash and record sales
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Describe and advise on wine selection
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Serve food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Provide customer service
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- ProServe program
Computer and technology knowledge
Point of sale system
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
7 months to less than 1 year
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site housing options
- Parking available
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to take orders and relay them to kitchen and bar staff; in performing sensory evaluation of wines; and in ordering and maintaining inventory of wines and wine glassware
Interest in serving food and beverages to patrons
Interest in handling the preparation of specialty foods at patrons' tables
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.