Food Processing Labourer
EmployerSelect People Solutions
Date PostedSeptember 15, 2022
Location Taber, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 15, 2022
Select People Solutions
No degree, certificate or diploma
Fruit and vegetable processing plant
- Food safety/handling skills
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors
- Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- Feed and unload processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment; and in measuring ingredients
Interest in feeding - offbearing to dump ingredients into hoppers of mobile tank trucks and mixing and grinding machines, to feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers, to remove filled containers from conveyors, and to feed and unload tobacco processing machines
Interest in checking products and packaging for basic quality defects
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.