Food Services Manager
Date PostedJanuary 23, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $22.50 to $25.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 38 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 22, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Food service establishment
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Provide customer service
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operation of food and beverage service establishments, to implement and modify operational procedures, to assign staff duties and to oversee staff training
Interest in setting work schedules, monitoring staff performance, controlling inventory and ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed
Interest in negotiating arrangements with suppliers for food and other materials, and with clients for catering and use of facilities for banquets and receptions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.