Date PostedJuly 26, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 25  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 25, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Supervise other workers
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Values and ethics
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.