Posted on Aug 05, 2020 by Meriam contracting ltd.
Location Banff, AB
Earnings $23.00 to $32.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 03, 2020
Meriam contracting ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
3 years to less than 5 years
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
403-815-7795 Business Hours: 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Oct 03, 2020
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.