EmployerBrar Enterprises Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 14, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 14, 2022
Brar Enterprises Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Maintenance and repair
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
1 to less than 7 months
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.