There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Employer1303831 Alberta Ltd.
Date PostedMay 26, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 25, 2023
1303831 Alberta Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
2 years to less than 3 years
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.