EmployerDanny Wood Construction Inc.
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2023
Location Canmore, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 24, 2023
Danny Wood Construction Inc.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Instruct apprentices
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- First Aid Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
3 years to less than 5 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.