French Immersion Teacher - Elementary School
EmployerParkland School Division No 70
Date PostedNovember 18, 2021
Location Spruce Grove, AB
Earnings $59,243.00 to $101,146.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 hours per week
Position Temporary Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 17, 2021
Parkland School Division No 70
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Experience an asset
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Identify childrens' individual learning needs
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Develop course content
- Assign and correct homework
Security and Safety
- Child welfare check
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 17, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in leading students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development; in participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; and in preparing examinations
Interests in co-ordinating information to prepare courses for presentation to students according to curriculum, to identify children's individual learning needs and to prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
Interest in instructing students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips; and in assigning and correcting homework and administering and correcting examinations; may supervise teachers' aides and student teachers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.