Gas Bar Cashier, Self-Serve
EmployerCT gas bar
Date PostedJuly 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.50 hourly
Work Hours 8 to 24 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 20, 2022
CT gas bar
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Operate cash register
- Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
- Scan items
- Receive payment for goods or services
- Calculate daily/shift payments received and reconcile with total sales
- Suggestive selling
- Stock shelves and clean counter area
- Greet customers
- Wrap or place merchandise in bags
- Provide customer service
- Verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol or tobacco products
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Electronic cash register
- Interac machine
- Price scanner
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Free parking available
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to calculate total payments received at the end of the work shift and reconcile with total sales
Interest in manipulating - operating to wrap and place merchandise in bags, and to tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers and optical price scanners; may stock shelves and clean check-out counter area
Interest in speaking with customers to provide information; may accept reservations and take-out orders
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.