Date PostedAugust 04, 2022
Location Sherwood Park, AB
Earnings $32.00 to $46.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 18, 2022
Other trades certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- Various locations
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Mechanical and service company
- Propane distributors
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components
- Repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
- Attend to gas escape calls and assist in the investigation of gas fires and explosions
- Instruct apprentices
- Advise clients regarding standards, safety features and maintenance of gas units and systems
- Study drawings and specifications to determine the layout of the installation and materials required
- Test and adjust control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Install and service propane and natural gas filling stations
- Test and replace defective equipment or components
1 to 2 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Gas Fitter Certificate - Level 1 or A
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
On the road job
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Gasoline paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Travel insurance
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to convert motor vehicles and appliances to use natural gas fuels; and in testing and replacing defective equipment and components
Interest in speaking to respond to calls about leaking gas and to assist in the investigation of gas fires and explosions; in testing and adjusting control mechanisms, and in checking pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas-detecting devices
Interest in compiling information to repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.