EmployerHearth Fireplace Distributors Inc.
Date PostedNovember 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $33.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 21, 2022
Hearth Fireplace Distributors Inc.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components
- Repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
- Advise clients regarding standards, safety features and maintenance of gas units and systems
- Supervise other workers
- Study drawings and specifications to determine the layout of the installation and materials required
- Test and adjust control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Test and replace defective equipment or components
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Gas Fitter Trade Certification
- First Aid Certificate
- Gas Fitter Certificate - Level 1 or A
- Gas Fitter Certificate - Level 2 or B
- Gas Fitter Certificate - Level 3 or C
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Drug test
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to convert motor vehicles and appliances to use natural gas fuels; and in testing and replacing defective equipment and components
Interest in speaking to respond to calls about leaking gas and to assist in the investigation of gas fires and explosions; in testing and adjusting control mechanisms, and in checking pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas-detecting devices
Interest in compiling information to repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.