General Construction Labourer
Date PostedJune 07, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 07, 2022
No degree, certificate or diploma
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Level earth to fine grade specifications
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Assist in demolishing buildings
- Assist in framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites
Work Site Environment
Work Location Information
- Team player
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.