General Construction Supervisor
Employer2332931 ALBERTA LTD
Date PostedApril 25, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $41.80 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 25, 2022
2332931 ALBERTA LTD
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Recruit and hire workers and carry out related staffing actions
- Prepare production and other reports
- Prepare bids
- Oversee apprenticeship training
Type of Industry Experience
- Supervise workers and projects
- Recommend personnel actions
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Read blueprints and drawings
Security and Safety
Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 25, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment; may supervise activities of related workers
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers on heavy construction equipment crews; and in resolving problems; may co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, helpers and labourers
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery and procedures used by heavy construction equipment crews
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.