General Construction Supervisor
EmployerMelSeth Contracting Inc.
Date PostedNovember 17, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 80 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 17, 2022
MelSeth Contracting Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Equipment operation
- Moving cargo
- Estimate costs and materials
- Prepare production and other reports
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Supervise workers and projects
- Train or arrange for training
- 3-4 people
- 5-10 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Type of industry experience
- Marine cargo handling company
Security and safety
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Overtime required
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 to less than 7 months
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Gasoline paid
Long term benefits
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- Transportation provided by employer
- Variable or compressed work week
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment; may supervise activities of related workers
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers on heavy construction equipment crews; and in resolving problems; may co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, helpers and labourers
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery and procedures used by heavy construction equipment crews
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.