There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
General Labourer - Landscaping
EmployerSpruce Meadows Ltd
Date PostedFebruary 28, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $24.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 15  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 27, 2023
Spruce Meadows Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Sports field
- Rural area
- Landscape maintenance
- Park and recreation sites
- Sport and recreation club
- Sport venue
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Rake and collect refuse
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures
Equipment and machinery experience
- Gravel or dump truck
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Tractor mower
Security and safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 to less than 7 months
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.