EmployerWescom Glass & Aluminum Ltde.
Date PostedMay 04, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 18, 2022
Wescom Glass & Aluminum Ltde.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
- Shop fabrication
Frame Fabrication and Installation
- Spandrel panel installations
- Curtain wall (prefabricated material)
- Curtain wall (stock length material)
- Aluminum framing members
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Glazier Red Seal Certificate
- Glazier Trade Certification
- Working at heights training
1 year to less than 2 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Instruct apprentices
- Work from man-lift mobile equipment, cranes and other lifting equipment
- Retail service and repair firm
- Transport cases of glass
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Measure, mark and cut glass
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Skylights and slope glazed installations
- Shower doors and tub enclosures
- Glass baffles, smoke and sprinkler baffles
- Curtain walls
- Aluminum storefronts, barrel vaults, solariums, commercial window systems
- Walls and other interior areas (i.e. partitions)
Type of Glass / Materials
- Sealed units
- Float glass
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 18, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.