Posted on Jul 29, 2020 by MBP Window Works Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $26.75 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 02, 2020
MBP Window Works Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
Frame Fabrication and Installation
- Spandrel panel installations
- Curtain wall (prefabricated material)
- Curtain wall (stock length material)
- Aluminum framing members
Glass Cutting Equipment and Techniques
- Tint glass
- Temper glass
- Paint glass
- Edge glass plates
- Circular cutters
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Working at heights training
3 years to less than 5 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work from man-lift mobile equipment, cranes and other lifting equipment
- Transport cases of glass
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Skylights and slope glazed installations
- Overhead automatic doors
- Curtain walls
- Aluminum storefronts, barrel vaults, solariums, commercial window systems
- Suspended glazing system
Type of Glass / Materials
- Acrylic plexiglass
- Sealed units
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
12333 Cranford Court SE
Calgary, Alberta T3M0W2
Oct 02, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.