Posted on Sep 15, 2020 by Flynn Canada Ltd.
Location Rocky View, AB
Earnings $33.50 to $43.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 29, 2020
Flynn Canada Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
Glass Cutting Equipment and Techniques
- Cut glass plate manually (straight cuts)
- Computerized cutters
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
3 years to less than 5 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Work from man-lift mobile equipment, cranes and other lifting equipment
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Measure, mark and cut glass
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Relocation costs covered by employer
How to Apply
Sep 29, 2020
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.