Posted on Nov 06, 2020 by DELICATE GLASS LTD.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $27.30 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 06, 2020
DELICATE GLASS LTD.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
Frame Fabrication and Installation
Curtain wall (stock length material)
2 years to less than 3 years
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Prepare shop drawings
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Estimate costs and materials
- Transport cases of glass
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Measure, mark and cut glass
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Skylights and slope glazed installations
- Shower doors and tub enclosures
- Overhead automatic doors
- Heat resistant ceramics
- Display cases
- Curtain walls
- Walls and other interior areas (i.e. partitions)
- Vehicle windows, windshields and sunroofs
- Suspended glazing system
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 06, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.