EmployerFlynn Canada Ltd.
Date PostedApril 21, 2022
LanguagesEnglish or French
Location Acheson, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 15, 2022
Flynn Canada Ltd.
English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
Major Work Area
Glass Cutting Equipment and Techniques
- Cut glass plate manually (straight cuts)
- Computerized cutters
3 years to less than 5 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Measure, mark and cut glass
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
Work Site Environment
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 15, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.