EmployerEntrance Technology Inc.
Date PostedNovember 10, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $38.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 10, 2022
Entrance Technology Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- At heights
- On-site customer service
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Retail service and repair firm
- Shop fabrication
- Determine type of glass, frames and material required
- Position and secure panes in frame
- Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
- Install door, window and other hardware
- Instruct apprentices
- Repair glass doors and other glass structures
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Work from man-lift mobile equipment, cranes and other lifting equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Glazier Red Seal Certificate
- Glazier Trade Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Type of glass/materials
- Acrylic plexiglass
- Float glass
- Sealed units
Frame fabrication and installation
- Curtain wall (stock length material)
- Curtain wall (prefabricated material)
- Spandrel panel installations
- Aluminum framing members
- Skylights and slope glazed installations
- Curtain walls
- Aluminum storefronts, barrel vaults, solariums, commercial window systems
- Glass baffles, smoke and sprinkler baffles
- Suspended glazing system
- Walls and other interior areas (i.e. partitions)
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Experience an asset
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to install pre-cut mirrors and opaque and transparent glass in furniture and other products
Interest in precision working to measure, mark and cut glass using manual and computerized glass cutters and to replace glass in furniture and other products; and to install, fit, fabricate and attach architectural metals and related substitute products in commercial and residential buildings
Interest in speaking with customers when preparing estimates; in preparing and installing skylights, showcases and aquariums and stained and other special glass in churches, museums, sports and other establishments; and in tinting glass and creating patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting and painting designs
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.