Grain Farm Operator
EmployerGeneration Land & Grain Co Ltd
Date PostedMay 08, 2022
Location Cluny, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 07, 2022
Generation Land & Grain Co Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Sprayer or duster
- Seed drill
1 year to less than 2 years
Type of Farm Operations
- Grain, oil and forage crop
- Oilseed (except soybean) farming
- Wheat farming
- Other grain farming
- Perform general farm duties
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Willing to relocate
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Values and ethics
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
- Greenhouse cleaning
- On-site amenities
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Parking available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
306-291-5688 Business Hours: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Jun 07, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising and hiring farm workers; and in determining amounts and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised, and in purchasing farm machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
Interest in co-ordinating information to plant, cultivate and harvest crops; and in raising and breeding livestock and poultry
Interest in driving - operating and maintaining farm machinery, equipment and buildings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.