There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerGranite Solutions Inc
Date PostedMarch 06, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 05, 2023
Granite Solutions Inc
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- On-site customer service
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Prepare rough plans and sketches
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Instruct apprentices
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Supervise other workers
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Estimate costs and materials
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.